Online Exhibitor Registration is now closed. Please contact Diane Weiss at the NJLSA office at 609-396-1980 for assistance with registration.
Countdown Until the 2019 NJLSA Trade Show
A Message from the NJLSA Conference Co-Chairs
It gives us great pleasure to extend a warm welcome to everyone attending this year’s 14th Annual NJLSA Holiday Trade Show.
The annual NJLSA Holiday Trade Show has continued to grow, year after year, and represents what has become one of the largest and most anticipated industry events in our state. We have succeeded in creating an opportunity for our entire industry to come together in an annual show of solidarity. When considering the deluge of legislative challenges affecting our industry, you can understand why the NJLSA has created an event that allows us to stand up and support the industry that has always supported us.
As a point of reference, we are offering a “Lead Retrieval” option for exhibitors that will allow you to scan a bar coded name tag for all retail guests that visit your booth. At the end of the show, you will receive a digital copy of your booth’s guest list. Due to its overwhelming success, we are also offering the “In-Show Network” option once again for exhibitors to broadcast a message on ten large monitors throughout the show floor. More information about these options can be found inside this sale piece.
Whether you are an Off-Premise or On-Premise Licensee, Wholesaler, Supplier or any other support of the New Jersey Alcohol Industry, we are confident that you will not be disappointed. The NJLSA has made an extraordinary effort this year to make sure that everyone connected to the State’s Alcohol Industry, has been invited to attend and/or participate with our show. In addition to the Division of Alcohol Beverage Control, we also want to extend a warm welcome to all of our industry associates in the AARA, NJLBA, and NJRA.
We want to send our best wishes to all attendees and supporters of this year’s 2019 show for a great holiday selling season!
TRADE SHOW INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
Show hours are 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Upon receipt of your registration form a confirming email will be sent to your from Diane Weiss, Event Coordinator for the NJLSA. Any questions should be directed to Diane at 609-396-1980.
Full payment for exhibitor fees are due by October 14, 2019. No exhibitor will be allow to set-up on the day of the show unless full payment is received by the payment deadline. Payments can be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) check, or money order.
- Display materials and exhibit products must be delivered to your exhibit space at the Expo Center on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 between 1pm and 5 p.m. or between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Wednesday, October 29, 2019. All materials must be in your exhibit space by 2 p.m. on Wednesday for set up. You can also ship your display materials in advance by contacting Metropolitan Expo for rates and shipping instructions. Shipping, storage and delivery costs are not included.
- Exhibit setup hours are Tuesday, October 29, 2019 from 1p.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday, October 30, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Exhibit breakdown begins immediately at the close of the show. Materials must be removed by 11 p.m., Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
- Show aisles are carpeted. Carpeting inside the display area is not included but can be arranged for purchase through Metropolitan Expo.
- Electric is not included. If you require electric service, please fill out the form to purchase electric service and return it to the Expo Center by September 6, 2019. The electrical services form is on the NJLSA website, www.njlsa.com. Select the drop down menu list “Trade Show” and follow instructions. Purchase of electric after September 6, 2019 will incur late fees.
- Exhibit location will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis at the discretion of show management. NJLSA reserves the right to alter the floor plan to enhance the show, meet fire code, and/or exhibit center regulations.
- Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules and regulations of the Expo Center.
- Neither NJLSA nor the Expo Center are responsible for exhibitor materials left on-site after 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
- NJLSA reserves the right to alter these vendor requirements between now and the time of the show.
- Wine and liquor vendors are limited to eight (8) products per booth/tabletop; six (6) bottles of each product.
- Beer vendors are limited to eight (8) products per booth/tabletop; two (2) cases of each product.
- We recommend that exhibitors have price sheets on their products available at their booth or display
Product Sample List
If you want the products you are displaying in the Program booklet complete the Product Sample List, this form can be found under Trade Show Forms or click here. This form must be used to insert the products/brand information that will be sampled/displayed at your booth. In order to provide uniformity in the product listing in the program booklet, the information MUST BE SUPPLIED ONLY USING THIS FORM AND IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT ALTER THE FORM’S CONTENT. WE CAN ONLY PRINT THE INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED. Please email your sample list (in 1 contiguous excel listing/sheet) to Diane Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2019. If we do not receive your product information by this specified date, we will be unable guarantee your company’s information will be included in the onsite print material.
Insurance Information and Requirements
- All vendors are required to carry Comprehensive General Liability Insurance in the amount of one million dollars with respect to a single occurrence and three million dollar multiple person occurrence. Every alcohol product exhibitor is required to carry minimum Liquor Liability Insurance for the event in the amount of $1 million. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify and defend the NJ Liquor Store Alliance and their respective staff members and agents against any claims or expenses arising out of their participation in this event and the use of the exhibition premises. Exhibitor is responsible to provide the proper documentation of insurance policy(s) to NJLSA by September 30, 2019.
- The Exhibitor understands that the NJ Liquor Store Alliance does NOT maintain insurance covering loss or damage to the Exhibitor’s property and it is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to obtain such insurance and hold NJLSA harmless with regard to any claim for such loss.
New Jersey ABC Permit Information and Requirements
Exhibitors are responsible to obtain an ABC Merchandising Show Permit and provide proof of proper documentation to NJLSA by September 30, 2019.
The booth rate/fee does not include the ABC Merchandising Permit fees (which is mandatory for all exhibitors) and must be paid by the vendor direct to ABC (NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control).
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW PROCEDURE: You must apply online to the NJ Division of ABC for the Merchandising Show Permit. The online permit can be accessed at www.nj.gov/oag/abc.
If you already have a POSSE ABC username and password, follow the prompts to the merchandising show permit. If you are an out of state supplier and not a registered user you will need to register first – using the Licensee/ Public User portal which also can be found under the POSSE Login. After you receive your username and password follow the prompts to the merchandising show permit. If you need assistance you can contact the NJ Division of ABC at 609-984-2830.
New Jersey Convention and Expo Center at Raritan Center, Edison: Rules and Regulations
1. A schedule containing the details, staging and timing of the move-in and move-out and also containing the person or persons who will supervise same and the vehicles and/or material handling equipment which will be utilized in connection therewith shall be coordinated and agreed to in advance by Licensor and Licensee and said schedule shall be strictly adhered to.
2. The Space shall not be used for sleeping or lodging purposes nor, except for authorized concessions, be used for cooking without Licensor’s prior, express, written consent.
3. All vehicles and/or material handling equipment supplied by or for Licensee for use in the Building shall be equipped with wheels which do not mark or mar the floor surface.
4. No vehicles or other equipment or displays which exceed the Hall floor load shall be brought or placed in the Building.
5. Licensee and its exhibitors and the public shall promptly and courteously comply with the directions of any security personnel employed or used by Licensor or local authorities.
6. No advertisements, signs, handbills, or other visual media devices shall be placed outside of or attached to the exterior of the Building without Licensor’s prior, express, written consent. In particular, no handbill or the like shall be placed on the windshields of any cars, wherever located within Raritan Center, before, during or after any Event. In addition to flyers, charitable solicitation is prohibited.
7. Adhesive badges are prohibited. All identification badges shall be of a nature that they do not adhere to floor, wall or other surfaces of the Hall and surrounding areas.
8. Licensee shall arrange and pay for any emergency and/or medical services and attendants necessary or desirable for the Event.
9. Admission of the public to the Event shall only be allowed through designated entrance and corridors.
10. Vehicles not otherwise permitted in the Hall as part of the Event or the Move-In and/or Move-Out and animals shall not be allowed in the Hall except with Licensor’s prior, express, written consent.
11. Licensee shall not obstruct or interfere with other tenants, occupants and users of and/or visitors to the building wherein the Hall is located.
12. Floor, wall and roof load limits shall not be exceeded.
13. In the interest of public safety, Licensor may modify any terms or conditions of the License Agreement or these Rules and Regulations and Licensee and all exhibitors shall comply with such modification.
14. Gambling is prohibited.
15. Exhibitors must remove their display items, promotional material and all debris at the conclusion of the trade show.